From:
Jean Wimpee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 03:00:49 EST
I have 3 girls, all between 4-5 years old.  Two of them have had drastic
hair loss in the past 2 weeks.  The third one (usually my problem girl)
shows no signs of any of this) Sadie received her vaccinations about 3
weeks ago but Monkey has had no changes that I can recall.  Sadie had
drastic hair loss on her tummy overnight.  Two weeks later, I see no sign
of new hair growth.  Monkey lost a good deal of her hair on her back.  It
is not really at the base of her tail like classic adrenal disease, but
more in the middle of her back.  On both girls it occurred within a matter
of 1-2 days.  Sadie also had a bump removed from her shoulders which came
back as a severe allergic reaction.  Obviously, I think that this might
have something to do with her hair loss but the bump was present 4-6 weeks
prior to the drastic hair loss and Monkey never showed had anything like
this.  If anyone, Dr. Williams included, has any ideas on this, I would
appreciate your input.  Additionally, if anyone could help with the correct
benadryl dose for allergic reactions, that would help also.  I have 12.5mg
per 5ml.  Monkey weighs 1 pound (a little girl) and Sadie weighs 1.5
pounds.

Thanks.

Jean