From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 17:31:04 -0700
Thanks to everyone for the good wishes for my daughter.  This was just
an out-patient procedure, so she is home tonight and resting.  I just
talked to her a little while ago.  Things didn't quite go as expected.
The tumor has grown in size and was larger and 'more involved' than they
were prepared for.  So basically all they did today was burn off as many
cancerous cells surrounding the mass as possible.  They will let her heal
for 2 weeks, then she will have to check into the hospital for a more
difficult procedure.  She will be required to stay at least one night
after the surgery, possibly two.  Since her husband is being deployed to
Iraq on the 21st...I will be heading that way to take care of the baby.
She was really groggy because of the pain pills - so I really don't know
how extensive this procedure is going to be!  I thought it best not to
question her too much - she needs her rest right now.

Thanks to everyone for their good thoughts and I will keep you posted!

Judy