From:
Tatia Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 10:28:15 -0800
Spanky had adrenal surgery about 4 weeks ago.  He recovered from that, but
we discovered that he's got urinary or bladder problems.  He's been on 3
different antibiotics, none seem to be helping.  He became blocked right
after surgery and doc had to palpate the bladder to release the crystal.
He's been urinating ok since then.

We've run numerous urinalysis tests and one sample was taken directly from
the bladder (with a needle) but no culture would grow.  In the past 2 days
he's become lethargic and shivering (had a low grade fever when checked
yesterday at the vet)but still eating/drinking and pooping/peeing ok.
His color is good and he's not dehydrated.

Doc found something called bilyrubin (sp?) crystals in the bladder but got
conflicting info. from bloodwork.  All the tests we've done seem to be
conflicting - white blood cells in the urine, but the count was low on
bloodwork (does this sound right - I get confused with all the medical
talk.)  We've sent a sample out for tests and am waiting to hear something
back - hopefully today.

I'm so worried about my poor Spanky.  He looks just miserable and we just
don't know what to do for him.  If anybody has seen something like this
before, I'd appreciate any info. you could give.

Oh, he does have a nice coat of fur coming back in already.

Thanks,
Tatia Johnson