From:
Donghoon Hyeon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 13:57:48 -0500
dook dook dook.

dook dook ... dook dook dook?

dook.

dook dook, duk dee duek dook dooo. dukduk? duk.

dookee dookee,
coco

Hello.  I wrote once some time ago, and I have two ferrets, B (Bobae) and C
(Coco). - and I'm D.(Daddy)  My late public thanks to all who recommended
me wood stove pellets or feline pine.  I tried feline pine (couldn't find
wood stove thing) and went back to yesterdays' news.  I found that the
compressed newspaper is only $11 for a 30lb bag.  (Before, I'd used the
small 8-10 lb bag ($ 8 ~ $10) from a pet store nearby.) Anyways, nowadays
I'm having fun changing the litter pan twice a day or so.  Ferrets are
happy too, as you can see above.

B and C (and D) are good tempered.  They hardly bites and have never drawn
blood on me.  But C, the younger one (12 weeks), goes crazy (literally)
whenever I give her anything to eat.  C bit my girlfriend quite badly, to
secure the banana in her hand.  After that we paid good attention when
giving treats, and there hasn't been another accident.  No treat, no
biting.

1. So.  I thought about the reason why she gets so aggressive whenever she
sees something to eat.  She came here when she was really small, and B was
already almost 2 lb at that time.  She was pretty calm before I put them in
the same cage, where there was occasional 5 min long wrestling and whining
(from c) a day.  Could the reason be her stronger sibling?  Or will she
calm down as she grows up?  (cf.  now they get along very well.)

2. She also hisses a lot.  Especially when given some treats.  Will this
go away too as she grows up?

3. She has an extreme affection for B's ears. (why...?)

4. To somebody who needed an additional level for his/her Midwest cage:
why don't you use a large towel?  I use a middle sized one for a hammock
and it's easy to make.  (you know, just tie it up to the corners with some
rope, which you can get from lowes etc.) It will prevent the injury from
falling and my ferrets love to sleep and wrestle in there.

B (C'mon, yo makin me nervous daddy. Never seen a ferret pooping?)
C (heeeeeeeeesss. I have a tiger inside.)
D (...)

p.s. A few days ago, I was watching TV and Coco was sleeping on the couch.
(large pillow, to be precise.)  I wanted to have her sleep on my lap, so I
held and put her on my laps.  She opened her eyes, looked at me, gave me
one cute hissing, and jump down from my lap and went back to the couch.  We
repeated this twice and I gave up and put her in the cage.  She climbed up
the tunnel (custom made, with vynil and 11 gauge wire: I spent a lot of
time and felt stupid) to the hammock, and I wanted to see her sleeping in
the hammock with her big sister.  I approached silently and looked inside,
where coco was looking right up at me.  This time, she hissed and went into
the tunnel and settled in there, where I can no longer bother her.  Well I
truly realized that I should respect her own privacy.