Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 19:02:09 EST
Last March, Wolf went in once again for surgery.  He is about 6 years old
and is a beautiful silver mitt with big soft eyes and a black nose.  He
just weighed in at 4 pounds and is my big boy..

The Dr. said he thought that he got all of the cancer out of his neck and
shoulder last March.  But it is back again.  Tuesday will be his third
surgery in a year and a half.

The cancer is fast growing fibrosarcoma, and Wolf is already itching the
large lump bloody.  The earliest surgery can be performed is this Tues.

Please take a moment and say a prayer that all of the cancer will be
removed this time.  Gods will be done.  But prayers work miracles.

Wolf knows his name and comes when I call him.  He always uses the litter
box, and has actually "held it" until we have gotten home when I have kept
him out too long.  He sits, rolls over and stands up and waits until I give
him the signal to stop standing up on his rear legs.  Chicken bits are my
bribery gift to get him to do these things.

He is also a scholar of biting people.  He has bitten the best and
survived.  He can be nonchalant, sneaky, or do the lick,lick chomp,
or the quick swirl of the head-chomp.

Only children are exempt from his charm. Oh-and me--same thing anyway.

He trots out to say hello and lifts his head up twice to acknowledge my
presence.  If I pet him without looking into his pretty face he will nip
me.  He has me well trained.

Wolf is kind to old, sick ferrets, baby ferrets, and new members of the
family ferrets.  He is a firm alpha leader.  Then he is a cuddly friend
to one and all here.

He lets Chewy ride on his back without complaint.  He lets Socks attack him
in his goofy play fashion and knows it is play.  He sits pretty in a stroller
and on my lap wherever we drive-even an hour long drive.

He is my only always free roaming ferret.  When it is his time, I will miss
him.  I am just hoping for another year or two.

Lisette