From:
Lisa Carswell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 19:08:10 -0500
>From:    "Glenn, Jenni, BMG -NY1540"
>Oso still won't eat his Totally Ferret food...I've been mixing it with the
>Purina he usually eats, but he digs out the food onto the floor and picks
>out all the Purina pieces and leaves the Totally Ferret on the floor.

Jenni, does Oso like Ferretone?  When I got Zorro, I was told that any dry
cat food was fine, so for about a year he ate Friskies cat chow.  Then when
I learned that he really needed a higher-quality food, I switched to 8in1,
starting out by mixing it with his Friskies, and he did the same as Oso.
But when I started drizzling a little Ferretone on the 8in1, he ate it
easily.  I don't know if this will work for Oso, but you can give it a
try!  :)

Bob C., I want to thank you for your sensitive and well-thought out reply to
the comment that an adopted shelter ferret is "damaged goods." I think one
of the biggest problems facing ferrets and other pets is the conception that
some people have of them as -products- and not living creatures.

I also want to let everyone know something that I plan to do...a small step
towards trying to improve conditions for MF ferrets.  A few years back, the
pet store where I got Zorro (not a MF ferret) and Claudia (a MF ferret)
announced that it would not do business with puppy or kitten mills and would
only sell puppies and kittens from local breeders.  This gives me some hope
that perhaps if I can educate them about the conditions at MF, they may look
for local suppliers of ferrets as well.  And the fact that Zorro is not a MF
ferret suggests that they do have another source for ferrets besides MF.  I
don't know if it will work, but I think it's worth a shot.

Dooks,
Lisa
Mom of Zorro, Claudia, and Loki
"There in the midst of it so alive and so alone
Words support like bone."
                          --Peter Gabriel
                            "Mercy Street"