From:
"Butts, Jennifer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 11:24:12 -0500
Hi, I don't know much about alternative medicine for animals, but I was in
a similar spot as you a couple of months ago.  My girl was diagnosed with a
rare type of cancer and the first two vets that examined her said their was
nothing to be done for her, so I thought about turning to natural medicine
because I had heard of that Timmy's Tonic (sorry if I got the name wrong).
Fortunately though the 2nd vet recommended that I bring her to a veterinary
hospital at a university in my state.  He told me that if anything could be
done they would be the one to know what to do.  Luckily he was right and
they were able to perform surgery then chemo to treat her (she still has to
do chemo, but she seems to be doing very well).  So my suggestion is that
if you have a university in your state, or surrounding states, that has a
good veterinary program with doctors knowledgeable of ferrets, you might
want to contact them to see if they might be able to help him.  I wish you
the best of luck and you will be in my thoughts!

Jenna