From:
Don Benchoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 11:43:21 -0500
I have a 2 year old male ferret who recently had a problem urinating.  The
vet suspected adrenal disease, but upon opening him up "from stem to stern"
could find no abnormal adrenal glads.  The prostate was grossly enlarged
and the vet debulked the organ' additional growth as much as possible and
closed him up.  The pathology report is not yet back, but I fear for the
worst.  Has anyone experienced this problem with a ferret?  What has been
the experience of those who have had ferrets on chemotherapy?  Do ferrets
tolerate chemo well?  What has been the lifespan of those who have been
treated and what has been the quality of their lives?

Thanks  Don