From:
Norma Mooney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 1996 06:56:18 +0000
This post is in response to Becky's question about the existence of a
ferret club in the Toronto area...

Yep, Becky (and anyone else who doesn't know already), there is a club.  It
is called SOFA (the Southern Ontario Ferret Association).  The club was
co-founded by Ross and myself in the fall (after about a year of research)
and has been slowly building ever since.  We are a not-for-profit
association and the club has it's own bank account (so membership fees are
paid to SOFA...not to me or Ross).

Membership is $20 and includes a ferret information package, a club
membership card (with a little cartoon ferret on the front and our address
on the back), and 4 issues of the club newsletter which is produced
quarterly.  The newsletter itself...i have come to discover...costs about $6
an issue for me to make and will always be about 8-10 pages (half colour,
half black and white) of pictures, ferret stories, medical articles, etc.

If you would like to join...we would LOVE to have you!!!

Please send your cheque (no cash please) to:
SOFA
497 Wellington Street West
Aurora, Ontario
L4G 6J7

Or, if you have any other questions...you can e-mail me at the above
address. Thanks!

Oh, and i believe you also asked about a nearby ferret shelter...

Ontario Domestic Ferret Services (ODFS)
PO Box 263
Millgrove, Ontario
L0R 1V0
(905) 659-1581
ask for Teri!                              bye!