From:
S & A Howell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 13:41:20 -0600
I have not yet posted to this list, I have been lurking for about a year
now.  I am owned by two fuzzies, a female (stray found, Marshall farms)
that is at least 7 years old, and she has not slowed down yet.  And a
male 4 years old and was breed for ferreting.  The two play along just
fine, other than the female like to sleep in her own cage.

The problem that has come to hand is that it has been just the two for
the last four years together, back in March My husband and I went on
vaction and left the two with a friend who also has fuzzies, we had a
play date to see how things would go, and it went well.  We made sure
that the male had his own cage, just incase.

Well it was a good thing.  It seem that the male went to show that he was
the boss and drew blood on the friend and their two fuzzies.  Of course I
was worried to death about things, and I would have had no proplem taking
care of things if it came to it.  (good thing it did not)

The proplem that has come of this is that the male has gotten even more
agressive at our home.  He has even started to really get nippy and we
keep his claws trimed, but if he does not want to be picked up, he will
squarm like at cat and scratch.

We have tried all the normal corrective methods, from a water spray
bottle, putting him in his cage, grapping him and dragging him on he
floor saying no... and this has not stopped him, if any thing it makes
him madder.  We are worried that this behavior going to cause harm to
the female or us, and when she passes in the future, we are worried that
it will only get worse.  We do not plan to get another one for several
years.  Since our lifestyle is changing and we do not want to neglect
them because of our changes.

If anyone has any advice on how to handle this we are open to it.
believe me if you have a strong opinion, it will not anger us.

Thanks
Augusta