From:
"Rachel M. Bray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 09:53:35 +0000
I would like to take a moment and say thank you, thank you, thank you for
all the wonderful and heartfelt words of comfort I received from everyone.
I will soon try to thank each of you personally.

Marmette was very special to me.  She was my introduction to the Ferret
world and I could not have asked for a better jill.  She was the best
roommate/companion/comforter during my recent divorce and everyone who
met her fell in love with her instantly (and why not?!).

She was only 9 months old but her short life will give me years and years
of joyful memories.  The most precious one being the night before she died.
She climbed on the couch, crawled up to my face, gave me a full minute of
kisses on my chin and nose, and then climbed back down and fell asleep
under my lap blanket.  It was the first time she had ever done anything
like that.  And it will always be my one memory of her that I'll hold as
dear as I held her when she was alive.

Again, thank you.  The response was overwhelming and you've truly made the
pain a bit better to bear.

I will be looking in March for a new companion.  I'm actually wanting to
get two.  So, watch out Ohio shelters!!  I'll be visiting in a month or so.

God bless and hold your furries close.  It's amazing how fast they can be
taken away from you.

Rachel Bray (with half of her heart at the Rainbow Bridge)
Treasurer's Office
The Ohio State University