From:
"www.Aarrow-Ranch.Com" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 14:04:54 -0400
I have successfully cross bred a dutch rabbit with a ferret.  What I got is
a ferrbit.  This is white in the front half with the typical sable mask in
black, and the back half was brown with a tail that looks like it had knots
in it.  The fur is slick and smooth and not much different in length.
There is still the hump in the back when they stand, but the hind legs are
very muscular and the tibular bones are much longer as well as the pads on
the feet.  These things kind of homp about, not a jump and nor a hop...
and definitely not a walk.  They now are eating solid foods and really like
vegetables but I keep them on the high fat/protein diet to be sure they
remain healthy.  The ears are long and stand up.  They are curious about
everything and can leap onto the kitchen counter with ease.  With the hind
looking eye parts of the rabbit they see behind them so there is no way to
sneak up on them to catch them when it comes time to go back to the cage.
But the poops are much easier to manage, just roll those marbles up in a
dust pan and be done with it.

Gordon, Byte-me, Nibble-ed, and Kodo