Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 20:09:32 -0700
I am so happy to report that the little rescue I took in went to a great
home!

On the EXPERIENCED owners preferred idea, I agree with Michael Janke.
Why would I want anything less for a ferret?  Debbie started out with no
experience in ferrets BUT she is the exception to this rule - she has
researched and done everything she can to learn.  I commend her for this,
and wanted everyone to understand where she is coming from on her post.
It is unfortunate that her zest for ferretry is not the norm with
"inexperienced" parents.  I will tell you, Debbie has learned alot and
has become an "experienced" owner, so they are out there - just not the
majority of first timers.

I also wanted to say that Judy Moon has an excellent idea.  Wouldn't it be
wonderful if first-timers adopted an older ferret?  This way they could
learn how much vet bills cost and not have to necessarily deal with "bitey"
ferrets or those who have no "litter box training".  This is a fabulous
idea in my eyes.  To those of you who have not seen Judy Moon's ferretry,
you are missing out.  She cares for these animals and even though she
referred to some as "breeders" they really are pets - not just birthing
machines like some irresponsible breeders.  Keep in mind, I am referring to
JUDY MOON, not any other Judy (there are several on this list).

I also wanted to welcome Ed Lipinski back to the FML.  I have had MANY
disagreements with Ed, and do not see eye-to-eye on ferret care and
maintenance or his political views, but I must admit, I enjoyed some of his
humor at our ferret picnic.

I also enjoyed his last post and I think it is a great idea to elect more
than one Director- just as long as they are committed and have the time to
do what it takes.  It is nice to see that Michael has realized how much
time it requires and has come to the realization that he cannot do it any
more, I certainly respect his decision.  I tend to agree that on any
Association, board members should ALL be present or it just hinders all of
us from making ANY progress.  You know who you are out there, and I suggest
you re-think your position with this organization.  Some of us are really
ready to make an impact, but cannot do it unless ALL board members attend
the monthly or semi-monthly meetings.  Kudos to Charleen for putting this
event together, she works extremely hard!  We also have a couple of
wonderful people who are so devoted to ferrets, it makes me feel small.
Those include Liane Beckwith and Tracy Kilmer of Spokane (and her sister,
Serena).  These people are AMAZING!

To the person who wrote about "poop pals" showing up on ebay, the reason is
because "poop pals" are getting too big for their production and cannot
keep up.  In fact, I called them to see if they wanted to send a sample for
our event and that I would take the orders, but they told me they are too
busy and simply do not need the help.  Eventually, the fad will die away
and then where will they be?  I tried to help them out because I *thought*
it would be a nice gester and I think these are cute.

Well, that is all for me right now.  I am so glad to see that people are
getting along better.  Please be kind to Debbie, and do NOT assume she
meant what she typed (I read it the same way) but that is not what was
intended.  NO MORE FLAMES!

Take care and kiss the babies.

Danielle
owned by Rastaferretin, Dopey, Cleo and Marley (not in any order of
importance - all are loved equally)