From:
Katie Lee Bottom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 00:03:01 EST
Juliet went to the vet this morning.  She got her distemper shot.  The
vet tech loved her.  After taking her temperature and a stool sample, she
got mad at him and walked back into her carrier and pulled the door closed
behind her.  He had never seen any animal do that before.  She does stuff
like that all the time.  She wrestled with her favorite stuffed puppy
while she waited for the vet.  She did wonderful.  If only I could get her
to behave like that at home.

I did have one question though.  I asked the vet about ADV testing.  He
said they only do that if they are showing signs.  I told him I was told
that I should test her before exposing her to other ferrets.  He looked
it up and said it would cost $75 for the test.  I had to pass.  The whole
visit was only $40.  I'm confused about ADV testing now.  Can someone help
me understand?

Katie Lee & Juliet