From:
keisha l <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 19:25:04 -0800
I have a 16 week old female ferret and I don't think I should keep her,
even though I want to.  I have to leave on the weekends to vist my mom, so
she is here alone.  I don't have 2, so there is no one to play with her.
Then durning the week the only room that is ferret proof is the bathroom,
and I get so tired of just sitting in their with her.  It would be
different if I could have her out and do other things around the house, but
I have 2 dogs so it is just not possable.  I have had her since she was 6
weeks old and am attached to her, but it is not fair to her that she would
need to be in the cage all the time.  I am having a hard time with this, I
would want to give her to a family that would love her and have more time.
My dad said that he would consider getting me someother pet like a cat.
Something a littler easier.  I have had cats before and find them easier
to take care of, but I feel VERY guilty about giving her to someone, then
getting another pet.  I love animals and have alot of fun with my dogs and
her, but different animals need different care and I don't have the time
right now for a ferret.  So what should I do.  I went in to the room and I
saw her and know it would be hard to give her away but it would be fair to
her.  So I need some help on what to do.

Then the second question is if I do give her up, should it be free or
should I sell her.  I would use the money either for some christmas
presents or to adopt a kitten from the shelter.  I paid 149.00 for her
and about $100.00 on supplies and she is all current on all the shots.  If
I gave her away I would give all the supplies but not the cage.  So I need
help deciding if I should keep her or give her away, and if to sell or for
free?  Please help.  I know I should have thought about all this first but
it is too late now, and I have learned from it.  I do love animals and only
want what is best for them.  I don't think I could live without having
pets, my dogs are the world to me.

Please help
Angela

I live in Oregon.