From:
Tyler Nicholas Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 12:56:23 EDT
Hey All,

Ok..Well i haven't wanted to post about this until now so here we go...

About 6 months ago I adopted a pair of ferrets by the names spice and
ivory form Lisa leidig form ferret haven by the sea, here in Virginia
Beach, VA.  They were bounced in and out of homes for about six moths
before I got them...They were considered nippers and boy were they!!!  I
got nipped a few times, Including on my lip ..lol In fact it was at the
shelter that I got bit on the lip by spice the little wonder weasel (got
this name when she leaped from my back to my sisters chest lol) I quickly
gained trust from spice shortly after adopting her and ivory.  Ivory on
the other hand wasn't to sure of me.  Being the dominant ferret, I think
she wasn't sure of her place.  She nipped me several times..HARD!  I'M
sure that she thought that my home was another temporary home.  I finally
broke through, She finally excepted me!  From then on she was very very
very needy!  She followed me all over my room and every time I walked in
she was right at the side of the cage waiting.

About two weeks ago I noticed that she seemed a little lethargic, I
checked her gums and found her gums were pale almost as pale as she is
albino!  Sooooooooo, It was off to the vet!  They Ran sum tests and found
that she was anemic.... SO it was time for sum oxgloben!  However...It
was nearly closing time and since no one would be there to watch her or
administer the "blood." Thus my vet, the wonderful Dr.Partlow of Pet Care
Veterinary Hospital, Sent me to the emergency clinic.  I then meet Dr.
Marshall.  He reassured me that everything would be OK and at the same
times told me the risks.  Well, Let me say that was the longest night of
my life I was up all night worrying about her.  I called like 3 times to
make sure she was all right.

Well, she made it through the night!  Yet again it was off to the vet to
pick her up.  We took her from the e vets and took her back to petcare.
They checked her out and found that the oxygloben took to her however it
would take a little while to see results.  Well, a few days when by and
need less to say it didn't work...SO real ferret blood transfusion time!
Rita Brannan, whom I meet through a ferret show in Maryland no less
offered her ferret chewbacca for the blood for he is one big kid!  I
have to extend my deepest thanks to her!  THANK YOU SOO MUCH RITA AND
CHEWY!!!!

Well, it was of to the vet again this morning... They checked her blood
count and it was down yet again..... Now it looks like things aren't
going to be so great.  Dr.Partlow said that she's probably got another
week maybe two left and its awful!

I have to thank Lisa Leidig of Ferret Haven By The Sea.  For all her
support...Lisa, you truly are a great person as a fellow ferret lover
and a great friend I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your help
with this wonderful little ferret!  Seeing as im 15 i could not do this
without you!  Or my parents!

Tyler Mills, And his fuzzies Dutches boomer duke salem spice and of
course the beautiful lil ivory!