From:
kathryn terhune-cotton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 1998 14:37:47 -0700
>From:    "Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Mike's response to my post on nutrition:

>I watched a video of a talk by Dr. Willard (Totally Ferret) yesterday and
>unless I'm reading my notes wrong, what you said about corn is not totally
>accurate and not what most of us have generally accepted as gospel.

>On the topic of carbohydrates, he discussed the two types... fiber and
>starch.  When it came to starch, he stated that corn should be the second
>or third ingredient on the list and it is "...highly digestible in most
>animals, including the ferret, but only in the cooked state."

Yes, you understood my post correctly.  I am certainly not an expert on
ferret nutrition - this is my first ferret.  However, dare I say there is a
lot of conflicting info out there!  Protein and fat %s are about all anyone
really seem to agree on.  Besides, after reading Bob C's latest post on
nutrition 101, never mind the ferret... I've decided to stop feeding myself
and everyone else, human and animal, in my family!  It's just too risky what
with all the possible consequences of vitamin and mineral imbalances!!

(the other) Kat... screaming into the night in fear of food....

>From:    Kaye FitzGerald-Gorham <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: polecat ferrets
> "Polecat" over here refers to the colour of the ferret........I've got 2
>polecat hobs..........they're definitely ferrets but they're the same
>markings as wild polecats (ie.  sable.......cream undercoats with dark
>guardhairs and legs and tail with a face mask.Don't you use the same term
>in the States?

Beats me!  I'm new at this.  I've haven't heard the term "polecat" used to
describe a fert's coloring here in the States... yet!  <G> On the other
hand, what else can we expect from a nation that can't spell "color!!" (put
that gun down!  It was just a joke!!!!) <VBG>

(the other) Kat