From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 01:22:25 EDT
Since I've already told you about my other two ferrets,I may as well
introduce the third.Valentine is the only ferret I brought home as a baby
that cried all the way home and then never said another word.I kept him in a
pouch worn in front like a kangaroo until he was quiet.He also snuggled in
with my female cat.He only cared that it had fur and was warm,and it gave me
time to introduce him to our 2 yr.old female ferret.(tolerant cat) Once he
found our female, Chelsea, he wouldn't leave her alone.She had a shadow.He
made her dook like crazy,but he never dooked.When Chelsea died from adrenal
disease,we had to get him a playmate,as he was so despondant.

All these years he never dooked when playing,until we got another male.Can't
be testosterone,he's fixed.Maybe it was just the challenge to his ego,but
when Taz tried to be top ferret,Valentine explained that old age and
treachery can win over youth and exuberance every time.I think the time Val
grabbed Taz and shook him settled the matter.Never left a mark,he's good.Now
all three sleep together,even though it took 6 monthes.He's been through the
loss of his best friend,getting a new friend,putting up with a young pup who
thought he was it,surgery for 2 mast cell tumors and 1 hemangioma,and dying
after surgery.He's one tough silver mitt.At 6.5 years I know he probably
doesn't have much time left,but it's been a joy being owned by such a loving
little guy.He sure kisses up great,and boy does he love those raisins.He is
also a digger exceptionale.Here's hoping he has a few years left in him.

      Sandy,and the 3 dooksters
    Never trust a smiling ferret.-S.Repper