From:
scott sinclair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 2010 09:29:38 -0700
I am unaware of any federal law in the country of Mexico that bans or
prohibits Domestic Ferret ownership per se. I travel to Mexico often
and have seen ferrets (or Hurons as they are called in MX) for sale in
Mexican pet stores. Bringing them in from another country could pose a
problem of course, as quarantine laws are in effect in most nations
for most all pets brought across international borders. As far as I
know, in the CONTINENTAL western hemisphere (aside from some local
city jurisdictions), the Domestic Ferret is legal to possess as a pet
everywhere save California. Islands such as Hawaii and Puerto Rico are
another matter entirely as their ecologies are far different from those
found in continental settings. If someone has documented evidence that
DM ferret ownership is illegal by FEDERAL law in Mexico I would
appreciate hearing from them with a Mexico statute quote (for research
purposes).

Putorius and the slinky 6