From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 1998 14:32:52 +0000
Hey Everyone,

OK, I am going to try one last time.  I want to try and explain, but you
need some background on me.  I have been very sick the last week or two, and
I have begun to think it is anxiety attacks.  I have not had these before,
it caught me off guard, and it plays hell with my concentration.  So while I
am writing something, I will get distracted by another thought and start
writing about it.  And I am really getting around to saying what I meant.
Like this paragraph.  And yes, I have doc's appointments lined up
everywhere, so not to worry.  Just have patience.

When I mentioned a vet in Houston being upset, I think some assumed I was
using that as a way for me to say something.  It wasn't that way at all.
I mean folks, I have the biggest mouth in town, you know?  And I didn't
mention Dr. Soifer's name because I did not know who he is refering to, or
even what forum.  I just know he wrote an editorial for the Houston club and
was cautioning folks not to take everything they heard on the internet as
gospel.  I have said many many times, my own personal rule of thumb is if I
hear it 3 times from completely different sources, then there must be
something to it.

Also, I have never felt that questioning ANYONE means I think ill of them,
or hate them, or have an agenda.  It means I don't understand or that I
don't agree.  In fact, it usually means I realize you are smart enough and
admire you enough to think you can handle some questions.  You can then tell
me why you don't agree with me.  I may or may not change my mind.  I have
to use my own common sense, and I was trying to get everyone to look at
everything that way.

This subject has been on my mind a lot recently, my good friend in Houston
with the ferret I posted about yesterday, has in the last two weeks lost 3
ferrets.  One was a shelter kid, thrown against the wall.  One was diagnosed
with cardiomyopathy and died within a couple of weeks of diagnoses.  And
then, just the other day, the one died of with the fatty liver disease.  We
have been talking about possible factors in diet affecting all three of
these cases, for varying reasons.  She works for her vet, and he treats her
like an equal.  And she does has a degree in physiology, so it leads to a
lot of QUESTIONS.

BTW, the ferret with the fatty liver disease never stopped eating, until
about 6 hours before she died.  And outside of the E.  Coli, she had no
other diagnosed diseases.

So many times, I write what seems to totally unrelated issues in one post,
not meaning them to be connected to other things in the same post.  That is
what started all kinds of hurt feelings, and also lots of folks assuming I
am arguing or posting about them, when I am not.

At this point, I will no longer comment on unclear statements in several
folks posts.  I don't know what else to do, everyone seems to think I have
an agenda outside of loving my ferrets.  I don't, so please let it go
privately and publically.

But I am very sorry that so many seemed to think I was writing about them.
I wasn't, didn't mean it directed at anyone at all.  I am sorry for hurting
any feelings.

Maggie Mae, Margaret, Marie, Margie, Magpie, Her