From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 08:02:22 -0800
Winter is nearly over, and many stores will stop carrying wood stove pellets
soon.  This is the time to stock up.  Once the existing supply has sold,
stores like Home Depot won't have more till next fall.  At $2.97 for 40
pound bags, they are a great investment.  You can put in a summers supply
without ruining the budget.  Finding a place to stash them is probably
harder than finding the spare cash to buy them!  We use a wicker trunk,
placed next to the ferrets cage, and it holds 4 bags worth.  The trunk has a
plastic liner stapled inside (it came that way, but you could improvise) and
makes a wonderful pellet container.

On another note, one of the vet newsletters I receive contained an article
about Feliway.  This is "positive reinforcement" spray developed for cats
that urine mark.  It is a pheromone from the facial secretions of cats, and
gives the cat a "warm fuzzy" feeling when encountered.  We know our ferrets
use places we don't approve of as poop corners, because after the first
marking, residual scent tells them "this is the place".  Has anyone tried
Feliway to prevent ferrets from soiling a particular spot?  I'll be talking
with my vet about it.  If Feliway is too species specific, we need to
develop our own product.  If anyone would like the entire article, just
e-mail me & I'll send a copy.

Georgia