From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 May 2009 16:06:45 -0400

A neighboring condo had a fire. Now, if it had been in our own who
knows if I'd have had time to grab all, but as it is I keep two carry
cages atop the night time ferret cage which is in their ferret-proofed
room. All but one came to me readily and I got to hurt myself getting
the most frightened one out from beneath a piece of furniture but he
let me help him. Into a pillowcase I threw meds, purse, and a few
valuables as well as a container of food, and out we went, me carrying
the carry cage and the pillow case. We even have a rope attached to
one of the carry cases in case anyone has to go out a window.

Steve found us all sitting nearby waiting until the fire was under
control. It never did go to our own home, but it is better to be safe.

I think it would take just as long for you to euthanize them to prevent
suffering as it would to SAVE them, so just prep and practice for
emergencies instead.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: