From:
Willow Winter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 21:27:18 CST
Gordon,
In defense of Sandee, why do *you* feel insulted because of her English
usage, grammar, or spelling?  If we wish to become proper English speaking
people such as you suggest, might I remind you that FML is an abbreviation.
As such, it should, more accurately be F.M.L.  I for one do not consider
Sandee's spelling an insult.  I guess I am just not that insecure in my own
spelling ability that I feel that I must become rude with anyone who does
not meet *my* expectation in English usage.  I would also like to add, that
I do not feel that everyone is annally retentive enough to actually *care*
whether or not Sandee spells in the correct English as you demand of her.
Actually, where do you get the idea that you can require her to spell as
*you* wish her to.  Sandee is a ferret.  Hello?  Are you there Gordon?  Do
you realize that not all ferrets can spell properly?  Do you require your
ferrets to speak proper English?  If you wish to say to me "Ferrets don't
talk then I can guess why yours might not speak to you.  Mine speak to me
and I do not sit there and attempt to correct them.  If they hiss their S's
or roll their R's, I am not going to sit there, correct them and require
they talk as I do.  Personally, in the land of the Free, I find *your
attitude* towards someone doing what she can to help alleviate the
suffering of others, to be insulting, both to her and to those she has
helped with her actions.

Sandee, I think I speak for a lot of us who you have helped to include
those fur-angels that you have helped when I say, from the heart, Thank
you.  Please keep up the great work!  You are an angel among ferrets, and
I'm sure, a ferret among angels<grin>.

Sincerly, and respectfully,

Paul and Willow
Stinkey,Tigger,Pauly,Princess,Mork and Mindy
And our fur-angels with Sandee are
Marvin,Bellboy,Twiggy,Baby,Heidi,Winkey,Salty,Pepper and the wonder dog
Ozzie