From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Oct 1998 10:53:23 +0000
Well, I just got back from the vet.  It doesn't look good for Hedi.

The growth on her face is a tumor, that has gotten larger over the past
couple of days, and the ultra sound shows no signs of pregnancy, not even
calcified kits.

There are however two very large abnormal growths attached to both of the
ovaries.  Her liver looks bad also.

She is going in Tuesday for exploratory surgery, and the vet has no problem
with me being there.  Even if she may be pregnant, I'd rather lose the kits
than lose her to tumors or something that can be corrected now.  Hard
judgment call.

I also brought in my personal ferret Bandit, he has an elongated growth on
his belly, that is getting bigger, it is headed for his penal area, so he
is going in Wednesday to have it removed.

Thursday, there are two ferrets going in for adrenal surgery.  I have been
putting that off for awhile, and since it is getting colder here, it is
time so they can start growing some fur.

Doesn't look like a good week for me next week.  Sigh.  Anybody got a
winning lottery ticket?  <g>

Please say a prayer for Hedi, Bandit, Tramp and Saki.  They need all the
good wishes they can get.

Jean
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter
Home of: Trooper Semper Fi, Melt Down II, and Peppy (the ferret that walks
like a drunken sailor)