From:
Lori Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 1997 12:09:31 +0500
Hi,my name is Lori,more of a lurker then a poster.We are currently owned by
2 ferrets,Pixie 4yr. sable & sebastion 3yr sable.  I just have a couple
questions that I don't remember seeing before.Sebastion is nuetered/not
descented.I thought that he wasn't feeling good when they went for distemper
shots and was going to hold off on the shot.Our vet owns ferrets so he's
pretty anyway from the symptoms and checking him,he came up with impacted
anals.We have tryed to get him to eat high fiber to bulk up his stools.He
does wrinkle up his nose real cute at food he doesn't like!  So far he has
been eating cheerios and rice&lamb dog biscuits.The biscuits have no corn
products in them.It's been 1 week today and his symtoms are still here.He
drags himself over tubes etc. lifts his rear leg up and just drags himself
over.He also flinches like we are going to hit him or something.We've had
him less then a yr. and he never acted like this before.To my knowledge,
he's never been hit.  does anyone have any ideas for any high fiber stuff to
feed him?  So far he won't eat apples,oranges or bread.He's getting all the
cheerios he wants.I would rather it be something alittle more nutritious.By
the way he is eating his regular food and playing and pooping fine.If the
fiber doesn't help the vet will knock him out and squeeze the poor boy's
anals.Other then anals he is really healthy.They eat l'avian and Iams
kitten.They both have got wonderful full fluffy winter coats and fat.My
other ?  was about the clear dryer hose.We finally got 1.  It really stinks
bad!!My husband hooked it to our woodstove fan for about 10 hrs.  to blow
the smell out and it helped marginally.I'm afraid the smell will affixiate
them.Any help on either of these problems would be appreciated.Thanks