From:
Pam Pillars <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2012 20:13:14 -0700
My Skittles is 8 years old and has Clotitis and now we find out he
also has Cancer. His Cancer is so bad that surgery is not an option.
The largest tumor is about the size of a quarter just above his one
kidney and he has about 5 or 6 more tumor starting all over around his
kidney's. With Skittles already having health problems and him being
older surgery would be risky just because of those two reasons, but
with the Cancer being as bad as it is and spread out like it is surgery
is just not an option and there really are no other medical options.
He is already on very strong medications for his Clotitis. Anyway, the
advice I am looking for is how long do I let this go before I end it.
When do I take him in and have him put to sleep? I don't want him to
suffer, but I don't want to put him down when he still has life in him
either. I also don't want to be selfish and keep him alive for my own
selfish reasons because I love him and will miss him when he crosses
the bridge. I know he is in pain, but then I see him running around
playing and I think maybe he's not. I just don't know what to do.

*Pam Phillips*