From:
Sue Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2012 14:06:09 -0400
Dear FML family,

Introducing DAKOTA!!(it means friend, as he is a friend for Cody) the
newest member of our family. He came home to his forever home last
night from Ferret Business of Georgia, one of my local shelters.. His
shelter name was Constantine. Poor Cody, he looked so lost and forlorn
without anyone to play with and i thought it was borderline cruelty
to have a 7 month old boy with no one to burn off all that energy
so......... Dakota makes 4! He is a sable "sorta" mitt, (he's got a
splash of a bib, but no white feet, but he has KNEES!), 8 mos old and
the two of them have been going like gangbusters.They are similar in
size so no one can out do the other (I'm hoping) Cody is SO HAPPY! This
morning when I lifted the cover off their cage (and yes, he is already
sleeping with everyone!) it looked like a tornado hit!!! I know this
will be a bit more work for me but to see Cody so happy is so worth it.
And besides, it really won't be four for a whole lot longer so VERY,
VERY SAD to say. Part of my plan was to keep Cody happy and occupied
(and worn out!) and maybe he's lay off beating up Buddy and Ruby. So
far so good. At this very moment they are going 90+ miles an hour in
the tornado!(how appropriately named for them!) Dakota has shown no
hostile feelings towards Ruby or Buddy, so far at least.

Precious Buddy is doing as well as can be expected. He is enjoying all
the extra attention I think, esp the ten minute skritch scratch of his
neck, and the stroking of the side of his face after he finishes his
gravy. He's got me right where he wants me and I don't mind ONE BIT!!!

So, that's the news from here. I am really glad I made the decision to
get a friend for Cody, he's just beside himself with ferret joy!! I
know one thing for sure, that boy's gonna sleep good tonight!!!

Many Dooks from My House to Yours!
Sue