From:
MS LAURA L ELLIS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 01:46:02 EST
Hello Everyone!

You know when you hear about the Brinks Armored Trucks turning over in the
middle of the highway and everyone picking up quarters for themselves
faster than the armed guards can?  Well I think I just had the ferret
equivalent to that a few minutes ago:

Don't ask me why, but my ex SO left the baggie of baking raisins (the nice
juicy sticky kind) in the bathroom.  The ferrets were out playing (minus
their buddy Maggie but I'll get into that later) and when I came back in
from the bathroom, some unknown strange force overtook me (the mighty ferret
gods?) and I foolishly turned the baggie upside down without checking to see
if it was closed.  Out plopped the better part of 30 raisins onto the
carpet.  Of course, my big boy Marshie ran over to the mess and proceeded to
eat raisins as fast as his big mouth would let him.  I was picking up
raisins as fast as I could, praying that 1) I could get them all up before
Marsh ate his daily requirement and then some, and 2) that Gatsby wouldn't
come get in on the act.  Remember how I said the nice sticky juicy raisins?
My fingers were just starting to stick together as little Gatsby came
trotting over to see what the fun was about.  So my fingers look like I
stuck them in rubber cement, Marsh's face looked like he had eaten rubber
cement, and little Gatsby is patiently nibbling her first raisin.  I grabbed
Marsh and let Gatsby finish the raisin she had.  I took this whole raisin
thing as a cosmic sign that it was time to put the fuzzbeans to bed and off
they went.  Thank Goodness I got most of them up in time, I think Marsh
managed to get only four down his throat before I stopped him.  Silly Mommy,
thinking I could pick up raisins faster than he could eat them.  <G>

Since the SO and I have gone our separate ways, I'm down to a two ferret
household.  :-( Maggie went to go live with her dad.  I'm not sure how
things are going to turn out--Mag and Gatsby have been together since they
came from MF.  I tried to convince him that it would be better for her to
stay, but since we got Marsh in September, the "Gatsby will be lonely
without Mag" routine won't work.  Plus Maggie is always sleeping by herself,
away from the other two.  So maybe she will be happier in a one ferret
home--aside from missing her so much my heart hurts, I worry about her over
there in a houseful of 20-something year old guys.  I just heard that the ex
SO left her unsupervised while he made dinner and she hauled off a box of
Graham crackers from a windowsill and ate a very lady like hole in the
center of one cracker.  I gave him the processed sugar lecture, along with
the "why did you leave her unsupervised" routine.  Sigh-- funny how it's
just not the same, carrying two wiggling fuzzys when you had just figured
out how to carry three without spilling.  The SO's iguana goes Saturday--boy
I'm just gonna be a joy to be around this weekend.

Sorry to be such a downer--

Laura ( Maggie used to love that ball, sniff, sniff)
Gatsby ( Huh?? What?? Geez I always show up too late for the
raisins!
Marshmallow (<munch munch> Yeah man, these have carpet fibers on 'em
too!!!)