From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 02:55:36 -0500
I was so glad to read tonight that B.S. apologized.  Everyone did such
fine work getting him to apologize.  It's always better to nip these
things in the bud (No, not Stiller -- but the nasty and uncalled for
bad PR.) before worse damage is caused.  I still think he needs to
stretch himself as a actor, but I am glad to see him act like a man and
apologize, so I'll apologize here and now for being so blunt myself.

Clarification on the small ferret post: smallness can be caused by
nutritional deficiencies early in life but being a midget is genetic.
The first can have some negative health consequences at times but not
always.  Off hand, I can't recall any such direct negative medical
consequences with the second, though I ran into an article recently about
how hearing loss seems to be worse with short stature in humans which is
interesting because my family members with permanent hearing loss the
earliest have been the ones under 5' tall.  (Mom's family is all average
to big and Dad's family is all small (like mid four foot) to average;
it's Dad's side which has had the heros in it.  Hmmmm... :-)  I got
the paternal side face and the maternal side body and my sister is the
reverse which is weird because I was the tiny kid till I grew 7" in one
school year as a teen, and my sister was bigger but then stopped growing
young.  And in case anyone wonders during my now antique dating years at
full size the guys I dated ranged from below 5'2" to over 6'8".  Good
guys come in all sizes just like ferrets do...)

We have a new addition to our family.  Steve didn't want to stick with
her old name so we think we'll possibly be calling her Mornie ("dark
one") for her coloration.  Within 24 hours she had the others all
accepting her, had Hilbert playing again and eating enough (He dropped
6 ounces after Ashling's death and would spend all his time searching
for her.), and has already figured out how to climb up to get in the
bathroom sink (Towels have such special uses...)  Today she figured out
how to play Dalek (running round inside an overturned basin like the
early Dr. Who Daleks) and how to do bed cover burrowing.