From:
"Mrs. Duck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 13:40:11 -0400
Mambo has slept in bed with us for years now.  Sometimes he sleeps on "his
blanket" at the end of the bed, other times between Jim and I on top of the
covers, yet other times on my pillow or under the covers between us.  Grace
and Roxanne will also sleep on the bed (but not under the covers) sometimes.

We have never had a problem with a ferret being rolled over on, although I
did send Mambo FLYING off the bed with a resounding boom one night.  I
turned quite suddenly one night, and flailed the covers around as I moved.
The BOOM on the floor woke me, and I realized what I had done.  There lay
Mambo on the floor, motionless.  I screamed for Jim to wake up, sure that I
had killed Mambo.  I scooped Mambo up, and he was still.  A little shake,
and he opened an eye about halfway with that- "Lady, put me down or suffer
the consequences" stare that fuzzballs give when disturbed.  I realized that
hittng the floor had not injured, or even woken him.  Jim was not amused at
the whole scenario.  Ah well...

-Mrs. Duck