From:
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 09:30:45 -0800
>From:    BUFFY <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Soft Coats?
>Anyway, I have a quick question.  I have held a lot of ferrets, I can't
>resist touching them in the pet store (I know this is not good due to ECE),
>but I can't resist the cute little buggers.  All the ferrets I have seen
>have rough coats.

You need to handle a better grade of ferret.  The majority of our ferrets
have wonderfully soft coats.  Fluffy in the winter and smooth in the summer.

Coat condition varies somewhat by ferret but mostly be environment.  There
is probably some difference in bahvior between your two that can explain it.

Rough coats can be from clay litter which is drying.  Low fat in the diet.
Dirty fur.  Some ferrets do better on some fods than others.  Might try
changing the food somewhat.  Mixing two different foods might help.  If you
are using a clay type litter switch.  The rougher coated ferret might dig
more or something.

>From:    William Chenoweth <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Diet Questions...

We do not recommend Deli Cat at all.  The large amount of dye in it is the
source of the red feces.  Kaytee is better but not one we use.  Try Totally
Ferret, Iams, or Proplan Feline Growth.  A better food should digest better
but it will take a while for them to adjust.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]