Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 07:45:06 -0700
I've been curious about something ever since this whole debate started.
I've held off on asking it in the hopes that the debate would go away
quicker.  Since there is no end in sight, I decided to go ahead and ask
my question.  I am not stating an opinion or taking a side, it's just
something I'm curious about, and I'm hoping someone will be able to
provide an answer for me on this.

Those in favor of raw/natural feeding do so because: it is more natural,
it's better for a ferret's teeth, and you can avoid the grains/starch
present in kibble, which may be a cause for a ferret developing
Insulinoma.  All very good, sound arguments in my opinion.

Those in favor of kibble do so because: it is much more convenient, and
there is less risk for food borne illness.  Also good arguments.

What I'm wondering is if there has been anyone who attempted a compromise
of the 2 diets and fed a more natural meat/carcass diet, but one which is
cooked.  I know that cooking destroys some nutrients, such as taurine,
but I suspect there are supplements that could be given to make up for
this.  Has anyone out there done that?  Is such a thing even possible?
Are there supplements available that would allow such a diet to be
possible?  Can anyone answer those questions for me?

Holly,
Icarus & Cato