From:
Michelle Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 10:54:06 PDT
Hello everyone.  I have posted here before introducing my first two kids
but now I have two more.  Throughout all my research before buying my first
fuzzy, I had read many times about ferret math.  I didn't think this force
would overcome me so quickly.  I got my first one from a pet store when he
was 8 weeks old.  Two weeks later, I decided he needed a friend so I went to
a shelter and adopted another boy about 9 months old.  Three weeks later, I
came across an ad on the internet for two fuzzies.  I found out there was a
9 month old boy, a sable and a 1 year old girl, a silver mitt.  Well, I was
on my way, a 3 hour drive, to adopt 2 more fuzzies, Bandit and Minx.  Gee,
I hope the math lays off for a little while now.

My questions have to do with the 2 I adopted a week ago.  When I went to
pick them up, I saw their cage had nothing in it but a hammock, a food dish,
and 2 hamster water bottles.  They were eating Marshall ferret food.  From
my understanding, the only treat they had ever been given was ferretone and
that was a while back.  Now, I want to get them on Iams kitten.  I can't
afford the Marshall food and I don't much like it anyway.  (It cost $8 for
a 26 oz. carton at the only store that sells it around me).  When I mix the
2 foods together, they won't touch it.  I also tried giving them the wet
ferret food but they wouldn't eat that either.  As for treats, they won't
take anything.  I have been able to get them to lick ferretone off my
fingers once but that's it.  My first 2 will try anything.  Obviously, I
don't know what to do to get them to try anything new.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks it advance.

Michelle
Owned by:
Buddy (Let me attack your feet!!!)
Frankie (Please give me another banana chip mom)
Bandit (I can jump higher than anyone)
Minx (I'm mommies only little girl)
ICQ# 12684285