From:
"Charleen H. Schuster" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 22:16:51 EST
Hi,
Just got thorough reading the FML for today.  When I came upon the article
about wondering about getting a waterbed and having ferret near the
waterbed.  I thought I had better let anyone thinking about this to
reconsider.  We have had waterbed for a long time, before we got ferrets.
Just this past month my ferrets were in my sons room playing and when I
came to get them and put them back in their own cages, I discovered a wet
spot on the carpet, of course I thought that someone had used the bed for
their potty and it was dripping off the bed, Well, I proceed to put ferret
back in their room and go up and clean my sons room.  When I investigated
the linking coming from the bed, I discovered that it was not the ferret
pottying on the bed, but that the waterbed now had a slow lick and
discovered holes in the waterbed.  So thank goodness we caught it soon
enough before we had a flood up there.  Now we no longer have Waterbeds!
Yes they can bite thorough, also think about all the chemicals in that
water.  Please if you are going to get a waterbed, do not let your ferrets
play in that bedroom!