From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 03:42:58 -0400
I just realized that I read something into a correspondence.  Apologies.
Anyone can do that from time to time, and I am as human as the anyone
else here.  There's not one of us as perfect as our ferrets, after all.

Still, my impression from the things I have been told and what I found
out independently is that this is a very reasonable request and not
harmful.  Of course, any shelter could always request a tour.  Given the
amount of courtesy extended to me I think that is likely to be treated
as an entirely reasonable request.  A few areas may be off-limits, for
instance if they have any endangered or threatened animals for whom human
contact needs to be controlled for reasons of health or mental state, but
the chances of that are low.

Having a next generation of vet tech and pre-vet students who knows
ferrets can only help us all, and most of all help our ferrets.