Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 15:59:01 EDT
About 2 yrs ago we adopted a beautiful little female ferret from a shelter.
She had adrenal disease when we got her.  The shelter didn't tell us.
Surgery was expensive, but worth it!!!  Our little Lucy has just
flourished!  She put on lots of weight and has much more energy.  If anyone
is debating adopting a ferret with adrenal disease, in my opinion the
benefits far out weigh the cost of the surgery.

Question-- I am looking for the name of a drug administered to ferrets who
are allergic to their vaccinations.  Nixon, even if he's given a shot of
Benedryl beforehand, vomits repeatedly an hour or two after getting his
shots.  There is a drug that makes him stop vomiting and, I assume, stops
his allergic reaction.  My only clue is in his records.  Dex SP 0.2 ml
What is this stuff?  Please help.  I've lost my vet.  (I was told that Dr.
Pam Slack was killed in a plane crash.)  And I don't want my fuzzy to get
sick.

Thank you!!
Ann, Ashley (the dog), and the fuzzys 4 ( Nixon, Lucy, Presley, and Comet)