From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2007 20:14:18 -0400
I have had to add an addy to my group of now 3

The third one is a gmail address.

The reason I had to do this is because my mac address has been swiped
by a place that runs an internet drug spam scam, and a "girls" (ahem)
URL in Russia with piccies you don't want your kids seeing.

Sometimes people addresses are stolen from busy websites, sometimes
people have infected computer that lead to this and don't even know it.

Please, see if any of these are familiar to you. Please, do NOT reply
if they are not familiar. My mailbox runneth over.

The usurpers of my address have begun inserting other people's names
into the from line with my address. This point to the possibility that
actually my address was stolen not from a website but from someone's
mailbox.

If you find multiple people familiar among the those names (or partial
names?) below then your machine may be infected and all who are in your
address book may be at risk until you repair it.

Some of the names put into the "from" line along with my address:
Christie Inman, Yvonne Richmond, Bonnie Lundy, Lacy Valentin, Gino
Simmons, Kayla Swift, Maura Geenwood, Darrel Dooley, Maribel Ritter,
Mel Hopkins, Jeanie Lott, Melanie Aaron, Alexis Ackerman, Nannie
Meadows, Dwayne Baird, Johanna Haney, Rosetta Fry, Morgan Terrell,
Callie Ladd, Logan Short, Nick Odom, Janie Sheilds, Althea Abrams,
Joanne Stover,

Some of the people to whom the mails have been sent:
flaurent, dianne koczat, ebba kurz, donovand, d benning, j caraher, d
scott, a brooks, shelley adams, Amelia B, Nicholas Knutson, dominique
beurdeley, dedeauxbrian, eholt,

Some places mentioned in some of the stranger mails (like one that
offers drug sales and then mentions a public school system):
daviswholesale, Cherokee grade school, collegeloancorp, coastlinemicro,
Amelia B, Boston also appears as a subject so is showing up in more
than one way which may make that a very good term set to check for
in people's address books and mail folders but that one is easy to
remember so some others may, too, bottlerocket.com, bayfield school
in NZ, affinity mortgage,

Do those infections scramble names with different familiar names mixed
with different surnames? In case they do I am avoiding the most common
names used in what has been sent back to me as rejected for the most
part.

There are many more, but I figure this may be enough to help anyone
whose machine may be infected to realize that it IS infected and get it
fixed before anyone else has to go through what I am going through now.

Fitting in getting a new addy and changing things right now while so
much more is also demanding my attention is very hard, and I am itred
enough that I am putting it off right now.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: