From:
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 12:28:54 EDT
I can honestly say I know how the Last Chance Ferret Shelter is feeling!
I'm not at triple digits but getting close.  There are over 80 ferrets at
the shelter right now.  6 that i'm trying not to take in and place directly
from the owners homes.  They are still comming in from California, and
those ferrets can't be told no.  We are just taking in emergency cases and
Cali ferrets right now but even with that they are arriving almost daily.

i adopted 3 out this week at reduced rates just to make room for more.  As
you may or may not know I run this shelter by myself with help from my 16
yr old son.  I very rarley have any help with cleaning, meds, anything.
i'm going today again to Petsmart as they are considering hiring me, keep
your fingers crossed!  As this will help out the financial end it puts
double load on work end.  Not to mention if I have to do a Cali ferret
pick up.

So anyway, this week I'm going to be putting together a very awsom ferret
package to raffle off.  It will be full of great stuff, and there will also
be 2 runner up prizes.  As soon as I get them together I'll list what the
prizes are and find a way to post a pic of them.  The tickets will be $1
each and 6 for $5.

The money raised will go to help with my vet bill and my Ferret Store bill,
both are way over due!  and if successful enough maybe fix this blasted
computer.  I can fix sick ferrets but clueless to computers!  so as soon
as I figure out the final details of the raffle they will be posted.

But in the meantime we could still use donations of ferret food, litter,
A/D, Nutrical, Chicken baby food, kitten chow, paper towels.  These items
are needed the most besides cash of course!

Also there are many folks who have donated cash and supplies to the shelter
this last year, If you are one of these people please e mail me with your
info and when you donated, and roughy what you donated.  I'm going to have
a seperate raffle for these people.  One entry for each time you sent a
donation of any kind.  This will stand until December 1st.  so if you send
a donation you will be included in this special drawing.  i want to give
something back to the people that have helped keep this shelter going
through the rough times.

Starting next year I'm going to do the same thing, but do the drawing in
June and Dec.

Well gotta go beg for a job, LOL.
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter