Date:
Thu, 25 Dec 2008 21:24:15 -0800
I just wanted to let everyone know that a couple weeks ago a pet store
called me and asked me to take a baby ferret in, he was a sevear biter
and he was a deaf little albino, when i brought him into the shelter on
that friday, he had been seen but the pet store's vet and they said he
had a respatory infection and he was being treated with amoxl, by wed
he was screaming and his nose was runing and his eyes were matted and
greenish, he wouldnt let me pick him up without trying to attack me and
he was screaming, when i got him and put him in a carrier i rushed him
to the vet, he thought he had distemper and he was in alot of pain, he
was helped on over to the rainbow bridge and they did an atopsy on him
and sent it for testing to be sure the vet never seen a ferret with
distemper but he sure had the signs of it, the test results came back
from Calif yesterday after noon and it was camine distemper, in the
mean time there was another baby ferret brought into a different vet
that came from the same batch of ferrets to the pet store and it had
distempter as well it was put to sleep too. both the vets and petstore
are working togather in hopes not another baby ferret comes in with
distemper. thought id give up on the distemper going aroundnow , im
sorry that Dr Ruth lost some of her babys as well to the new ece
outbreak..

Susan Director of
Arkansas Ferret Shelter for Hospice and Sp Needs