From:
Christine Code <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Oct 1996 08:21:57 -0700
A question for Bob (and anybody else):

What about fear pooping?  Is it common in other animals besides ferrets?
And can you think of any *reason* for ferrets to do this?  After a month of
cleaning up fear poops, I want a reason, dammit!  A good biological survival
kind of reason to justify all my carpet cleaning.

A while ago I adopted an adorable kit, Augustus.  He looks like an innocent
little guy, but right from the beginning he attacked Theo Ferret, even
though Theo was twice his size.  There would be big fussy fights, and
Augustus would often poop (right on the carpet!) in the middle of a fight.

Fortunately, after about a month of this, the poop fights have now ended.
*Whew!* Scared s***less now has a very literal meaning in this household!

Anyway.... reasons, anybody? What's the point? Does Mother Nature think that
little ferrets should win fights by pooping on their opponents' faces?

cmc

--
Christine Code           and ferrets Madeline, Theodore,
[log in to unmask]            Kai, and Augustus