From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Apr 1998 08:53:24 -0400
>From:    Shelley Straight <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: insulinoma treatments- Herbal?
>HI, I once read some information about an herbal treatment for insulinoma.
>I have a freinds hwose female was on prednisone but she doesn't like the
>wasting effects of the steriods on her Sabrina.  So, I told her I'd try to
>get some informatio on some alternative treatments.

I've sent this directly to Shelly and in case anyone else is interested, you
can find the "Insulinoma Elixer" by Mary Van Dahm on our web site (see my
signature below), under "Health Issues." It isn't a herbal treatment, but a
diet with various vitamins and such, and is passed out by our shelter and
our vet to those that have ferrets with insulinoma.  It's supposed to reduce
and maybe even eliminate the need for pred.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
*
* Visit our web site:  http://www.gate.net/~mjanke