From:
DONALD AND ELEANOR MEAD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 20:13:06 -0400
Mylo's biopsy results came back positive for cancer.  He had a malignant
tumor (cancer of the spleen) that was everywhere, stemming from an adrenal
gland , there was no treatment.  I knew Mylo had been in pain and if I had
not gone to see him after surgery and seen his condition and not taken him
with me, he would have died alone in that incubator, scared and in pain.
I feel a bit better knowing my boy died where he loved to be, laying on my
chest, with his ear up next to my heart, having his ear massaged and being
kissed on his head.  I just hope I eased his pain and made it easier for
him because it was the hardest thing I ever had to do.  I do not feel as
guilty as I did earlier for taking him for a second opinion.  I guess, I
was just trying to do the right thing for him.  I am only guilty of truly
loving a companion and wanting to save his life.

Eleanor Mead