From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 1995 08:11:10 EST
> From:    Dan x <[log in to unmask]>
>
> I reported yesterday that Elvis was dehydrated, lethargic, and had lost about
> one-third of his body weight.  The diagnosis is in.  Elvis passed a giant
> hairball.
> It might be useful to actually pick apart your ferret's stool to look for
> hair (gross, I know.).
> Dan and Big Pelvis Elvis.

        Same thing happend to Sebastian, and I had him on cat-lax.(fur ball
remover)  The thing is I wasn't doing it on a regular basis.  Once or twice
a month.  I  also didn't start this till he was around two and a halg.  I
now give all my guys cat lax at least once a week but usualy twice a week.
Sebastian ended up in the hispital for two days because of it.  And yes I
too pick appart any unsual looking stool now.  It's not the funnest thing
but my kids health is more important than my sence of smell. :)  Glad to
here it was just a furball.

> From:    Amy Henry <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Do Ferrets Smell?
>
> Do ferrets smell?  Obviously we all "smell", but is the smell intolerable or
> prominate when you walk in the house?
> Amy

        Amy yes they do smell.  But so don't cats and dogs.  I myself can
no longer smell my ferrets, but my sister and mother sure do.  I can't
stand the smell of my sisters cats litterbox or the room it's in but my
sister goes what smell.  So what's a pet owner to do?  One good thing I
believe cat poo and pee is alot stronger than that of a ferret.

        Sorry to here the loss of several ferrets lately as always my
heart goes out to you all.  Take care and have a good weekend.

        Brad, and the Gang.

        P.S. My sisters moving this weekend anyone out there want to help.
I HATE moving.