From:
Judith Emery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 09:03:28 -0400
I'm still feeling a little shell-shocked about Kodo, but I wanted to run an
idea that's been niggling in the back of my head for awhile by you all.

I think that Kodo's plight brought out the best in everyone on this list.
Together we managed to do what one individual would never do singly.  With
this in mind, I've been thinking of the need for some type of North American
ferret organization which would not only bring owners together but would
also be there in times of crisis.  A portion of the registration fees could
go into a trust fund which could be drawn upon when needed, such as in the
case of Kodo to pay lawyers, transporting in experts etc.  Perhaps the money
could also be used to finally get te rabies shedding study done.

I haven't looked into the logistics of this yet, but I'd like to talk to
people who are interested in discussing this.

There's a phrase I remember from a book I once read that goes something like
this "when a butterfly is killed, the tremour is felt in a galaxy a million
miles away".

Kodo, I never met you, but I'll never forget you either.

Judith Emery