From:
Melissa McDaniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 07:01:36 -0500
I have two free roamers at home.  They have the second floor (minus the
bathroom ) to themselves.  We had company stay with us for a few weeks
durring the Holidays so the kids had to hang out in the cage at night.
The good thing was that they faithfully use the litterbox when in the
cage- after the company left their free roam litter habits improved 100%.
I felt terrible having to cage them for part of the day, but it seemed
to reinforce the use of the litterbox.  (I'm just hoping it lasts...)

My problem now is keeping the cat out of the ferret foot.  The kitten
from the humane society that was so sick has almost made a complete
recovery and is enjoying playtime with the ferrets, he has access to
their food though and I can't keep the bowl full!  He has his own food
downstairs (that the ferrets don't have access to) I tried tucking it
undeer their igloo- but he just gets under there anyway.  Anyone know how
I can keep the cat out of the ferret food?  Their cage isn't upstairs
where they have free roam so I can't put it in their cage (their cage
probably weighs close to 80 pounds so I don't plan on trying to get it
up the stairs any time soon.)  If you have any ideas email me.

Thanks a lot and have a wonderful day!

Melissa