Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 22:20:14 -0600
Dervish has made herself at home at my parents' house, and is obivously
comfortable enough here to re-open her Ferret Beauty Parlor at a new and
larger location under my double-size bed (much to my chagrin).

I didn't realize this latest ferret endeavor at first.  See, I only started
classes again on Tuesday, so I haven't had much need for my makeup and such
(why bother when you're just hanging around the house and going to pet
stores?).  However, when I got up at seven to get ready for class on
Tuesday morning, I discovered that all my makeup was gone.  All of it.
We're talking concealer, foundation, eye stuff, you name it.  Not to
mention my hair supplies (might I add it was a humid day?  ... four seconds
outside and my hair was a giant puffball).  I didn't have time to look for
my stuff, so I just tried to grin and bear it.

Of course, once I was on campus, everyone I knew kept asking, "Are you
sick?  You don't look too good." (And I had to explain about my
cosmetic-thief weasel!)

And so an excavation was in order.  Clearing stuff out from under my bed is
a major chore, since it's dark and I really hate small spaces.  Regardless,
the prospect of going to classes bare-faced and frizzy-haired (again!) was
too terrible to contemplate.  So I put a desk lamp on the floor to light my
space, took a deep breath, and slid underneath sideways.

An initial pile of nail polish bottles (seven, total) confirmed my
suspicions that a covert Ferret Beauty Parlor was indeed operating beneath
my bed.  Further back, I found a brush and comb.  This encouraged me to
continue, despite the dust and my claustrophobia.  So I ventured on.

Suddenly, everything went black.  I scooted out from under the bed, to see
a stony-faced ferret sitting beside the lamp cord, which had become
mysteriously unplugged.  I plugged it back in and continued my quest.  I
found my treasured and much-missed concealer, along with the squeaky
football and a bottle of perfume.  As I'm dragging those out, I feel
something furry brush past me.  It's Dervish, transferring her nail
polishes back under the bed.

I decided to cede the polish and just get my hair stuff, which was
waaaaaaaay far back under the bed, too far to reach (my bed is against the
wall).  So I had to lie on my bed, sort of scootch between the wall and the
bed, and feel around underneath to grab the hair gel.  As soon as I got my
hand on it, I felt a tug.  Dervish had a hold on the bottle and wouldn't
let go.  I ended up hauling the bottle out, complete with ferret attachment.

Now ... the makeup and hair gel are safely in a net which hangs from the
ceiling, and I've decided that any time I need to polish my nails I'll just
go buy a new bottle.

-(TX) Meghan and Dervish the WonderFerret ("You'd look so much better if
you let me put your makeup on you!  Let's start with a black mask around
the eyes, and white on the chin ... maybe a nice line down the middle of
your nose ... some whiskers ... ")