From:
Georgia Bambaci <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 17:36:24 -0700
I have a 4 year old ferret that I am concerned about.  He has some hair
loss but only on the tail.  It is a stringy tail, not bald anywhere, but
I also see blackheads.  I believe they are causing the hair loss.

This ferret has his own cage and has free play alone because he doesn't
like the other ferrets.  He will try to attack them if they are loose
together.  I have heard that one of the signs of adrenal is aggressive
behavior.  For the past couple of days, I have noticed his private is
alittle red.  I would like to take him to the vet to get tested.  What
test should they be doing?  One vet recommends an ultrasound at $200 and
the other one I spoke to says to do an adrenal palette at $150.  Both of
these tests are expensive.  Is there any others that are somewhat cheaper?
Which of these would be the most effective at diagnosing a problem?