From:
Ferret Guardian Rescue Haven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 12:31:29 -0500
A quick update.

ADOPT ME
The following are some of the ferrets up for adoption now.  We are
really crowded and need to find homes for them ASAP.

Oscar (m) & Asia (f).   1.5 Y.O. pair, healthy, playful and very sweet.
Luna (f) & Chewy (m).   1.5 Y.O. pair, healthy, playful nippers.
Nicholas & Babyface.    14-month-old, males, healthy and very playful.
Bandit & Dusty...       16 month old males, healthy and very playful.
Otter & Spunky.         Otter is 2 Y.O., Spunky is 1 Y.O., both males,
                        very loving and playful.

The shelter is overflowing with ferrets and the above have come in over
the last 3 months and in need of new, loving homes now.  They are younger
and need more than the shelter can offer.  They are well socialized and
get along well with other ferrets.

As of yesterday's rescue, we have 80 ferrets which is really up there.
We have adopted out 12 ferrets over the last 3 months, placed owner to
approved applicant... 13 ferrets, and have 6 (2 pairs and 2 singles)
positive adoptions to take place this week, and another possible, single
adoption.  As you can see, ferrets come in much faster than they go out.
If you have room for another one or two in your hearts and homes, please
fill out an adoption form at: http://www.ferretguardian.org today.

All the female breeder ferrets except one (scheduled friday for spay)
are spayed, all shots and ready for adoption.  Remember, they are not
descented and FGRH does not want them descented due to future health
problems which this may cause.

However, they are not "poofing" (spraying) near as much.  The "poofing"
mostly happens when they are scared/startled, fighting or having a bad
dream.  Their temperament has really mellowed with little to no biting,
just play nipping.  (Thanks Pam & Eric) They are also very social now
and get along well with other ferrets.  All are very healthy and playful,
but if smell (the poofing) bothers you, these ferrets are not for you.
If you are not familiar with the smell of poofing, you are more than
welcome to visit one of these ferrets at our Statesville, NC shelter.
(No nose plugs allowed!)

MEDICAL DEPENDENT FERRETS
The shelter now has 10 ferrets needing surgery and need your help
desperately.  Please make a tax-deductible "Gift of Life" donation to one
our veterinarians.

Our Veterinarians:
(Donations can be made directly to our shelter Veterinarians.)
Primary Order by need:

Dr. Mitchell Spindel, DVM
Animal Ark Veterinary Hospital   5919-A James St. Clemmons, NC 27012
(704) 778-2738
Make checks out to; Animal Ark,  for FGRH acct. # 389

Dr. Amanda Greathouse, DVM
Animal Hospital of Statesville 181 Mocksville Hwy Statesville, NC 28625
(704) 872-3625
Make checks payable to; Animal Hospital of Statesville
FGRH account # 5125

Dr. Lauren Powers, DVM
Timberline Animal Clinic   110 Banks Drive Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 968-3047
Make checks payable to; Timberline Animal Clinic    Ferret Guardian
Rescue Haven  acct.

Dan Hudson, DVM
Northwoods Animal Hospital of Cary   980 Northwoods Drive Cary, NC 27513
(919) 481-2987
Make checks payable to:  Northwoods Animal Hospital   FGRH account #9538

Wish List:
1. ADV test kits.
2. Pharmacy (CVS, Eckards) gift cards for shelter meds. (Pred, Lasix,
   Baytril, etc..)
3. Lupron funds.
4. Pedialyte unflavored. (powder or liquid) (generic is fine)
5. Food.
  (Totally Ferret, Path Valley, Ultimate, Ferret store "Complete Choice",
   Iams Kitten, Innova Cat, Science  Diet A/D,
   Eukanuba Kidney Care.)
6. Vitamins & Supplements.
  (Nutrical, Ferret Drops, Laxatone, NuPro, etc..)
7. Floor tiles, Linoleum, Carpet remnants, Bedding, Fleece Material...)

AGAIN, WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
F.G.R.H. Inc. is a registered 501(c) 3 corporation.
Your contributions are tax deductible.  A receipt available upon request.