From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 20:04:37 -0700
Dear Sandee,

I wanted to let you know that "P" is doing better, and beginning to
thrive...although she's still in the Intensive Care Unit at the hospital.
I miss her, but I know she's getting good care.

When you see Hagerstown Hannah and Balto Biker Chick at the Bridge,
please linger and look for Boomer.  He suddenly left us today.

Boomer was their companion in tragedy and triumph.  Boomer loved all
the girls in the garage.  I am sure they knew him well.  He was a big
boy.  He was suppose to be white, but he was bright orange.  At the
Bridge, will he be white?....I am worried that Hannah and Biker Chick
won't recognize him.

Boomer was suppose to come home today from the hospital, and he will.
Except he will be coming home to be buried.  Seems that he had some
horrible injuries from his "private parts" becoming hooked on the rusty
wire flooring of his prison in the garage.  His private parts got hooked
and he had to fight and mangled his "parts" in order to free himself.  He
didn't survive his surgery.  But in his death, his little body tells a
story that will be heard loud and clear very soon.  It will be in a
document.

Well, I didn't think my heart, and all the great volunteers here, could
hurt any worse than yesterday, but we are.  So, please reunite Hannah,
Biker Chick and Boomer.  They were just learning to dook and dance, maybe
you could show them a few steps.

And please, please, tell them how much their shelter mom loves and misses
them.  Rest in peace sweet babies.  Thanks Sandee.

Momma Barb
www.rockysferrets.com