Date:
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:04:20 -0700
I sent an email to Joel Gilbertson regarding a bulletin on the Alaska
Public Health Website regarding Ferrets saying that they were a New
Menace to Health (dated 1986!!!) at the request of another FML Member
(Please, forgive me, I forgot your name).  I asked them to remove the
outdated article from the website being that the information is
completely outdated, and downright offensive.  Here is a copy of the
response I received.

Dear Ms Cohen,

Thank you for your email of June 16.  Commissioner Gilbertson referred
your question, regarding Epidemiology Bulletin #9, June 6, 1986,
"Ferrets -- A New Menace to Health," to me to answer.

The Bulletin you refer to is a Bulletin issued in 1986 and, as you
point out, is not up to date.  We are discussing how to best address
Epidemiology Bulletins that were current at the time of publication
but are no longer current.  Thank you for pointing out this one as an
example of a Bulletin needing to either be updated or withdrawn.

Our past policy has been to keep all Bulletins available on the website.
Due to the questions raised by you and others about this Bulletin, we
are readdressing our policy.

Sincerely,
Louisa

Louisa Castrodale, DVM, MPH, DiplACVPM